Monday, June 16, 2014

My Digital Rating--ISTE and NETSA

Today in our digital-age training we had to rate ourselves on our digital proficiency.  This is always difficult for me...Why? Because I am strong at promoting an environment that empowers teachers to enhance student learning with digital resources.  My campus is always reaching above and beyond goals due to high standards set with the infusion of technology.  Standing out front of others--pushing/leading towards higher grounds--I look like I am very proficient.  However, put me in a room by myself and I feel very needy. My independent, technology skills need improving!  I guess this is proof that "social leaning" is important! :)

The five areas we had to rate ourselves in were: 1.  Visionary Leadership  2. Digital-age Learning environment  3. Excellence in Professional Practices  4. Systemic Improvement
5. Digital Citizenship

One thing I'm proud of is the digital presentation my team made! We used e-maze.com.  It was easier than I thought and made a great presentation. I can't wait to see the other resources from the other teams. You can view them for yourself on the CISD homepage. I'm excited about infusing these resources into our campus faculty meetings & trainings.  I have gained a little confidence through this activity.  Maybe that advice of "making time" was better than I thought. :) 

BTW...I figured out how to post this blog all by myself over a month after the training! Independence...here I come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment