Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Content Curation

Curating.  Do you immediately think of an older Librarian who categorizes cards with information? Well, that's not the image that you get if you're living in a digital world. I think of something being "cured" and that may just be the case if I find the right tools. I believe content curation is a step towards my team and I embracing technology--not just buying in and using it when it "fits".   And, if nothing else it is definitely a way for us to be more efficient. We have a massive amount of info at our finger tips and it's a necessary skill or practice we must master in order to thrive(not just survive).  Information overload is a weakness of mine. Too much of a good thing can become overwhelming and then "shut-down" occurs. ISTE standard number 4 is "Systemic Improvement".  This is where I need the most improvement.  I am currently exploring List.ly.com to help me organize specific resources that I want to guide my teachers through as we progress this year.  It seems easy to navigate and so far I like the way it allows you to organize with "lists".  It reminds a bit of Pinterest. My Leadership group is doing a presentation as part of an assignment in our Digital Leadership Academy.  I'll link our video as soon as it is ready. You can view my lists so far at http://list.ly/leigh-ann-turner (remember it's a work in progress)and will soon be connected to my twitter and weebly accounts for your access as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment